Museum Blog

Concrete History

Posted on

The Ritzman Cement Company was opened in 1906 by John Ritzman on South 9th Street, in the former location of a smelter. The cement plant manufactured a variety of cement products including ornamental garden objects, irrigation tile, granaries, and ornamental building blocks. An example of ornamental building blocks is the former Rio Grande Hotel at […]